A modular synthesizer is a musical instrument that creates sound by combining various specialized modules together (see Wikipedia for more info).
At HSN, we're creating our own modular synth by designing and/or building these modules ourselves. We usually work on (and play with) the synth on Synth and Stompbox Night.
List of finished modules
- VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator)
- VCF (Voltage Controlled Filter)
- VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier)
- Envelope generator
- Step sequencer with 8 steps
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop)
- NAND gates
- XOR gates
Modules under construction
- VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) with volt-per-octave
- Summing mixer